5 Best Ways to Get More Leads from a Roofing Website
5 Best Ways to Get More Leads from a Roofing Website
If you’re in the roofing business, you know how crucial it is to generate leads and turn them into paying customers. Your website is a critical tool to achieve this, but unfortunately, many roofing websites fail to convert visitors into leads. In fact, most potential customers simply leave without providing their contact details.
To put things into perspective, imagine having 100 website visitors per month and your average revenue per lead is $5,000. By improving your conversion rate by just a few percentage points, you could potentially earn tens of thousands of dollars in additional revenue per month.
Improving your website’s conversion rate can be frustrating and make it difficult to grow your business. But don’t worry, there are simple steps you can take to improve it and generate more leads. In this article, we’ll explore five ways to get more leads from your roofing website. Whether you’re just starting out or looking to improve an existing site, these tips will help you achieve your goals.
Table of Contents
What is Website Conversion Rate?
Before we dive into the strategies for increasing your leads, let’s first discuss what website conversion rate is and why it matters.
Website conversion rate is the percentage of website visitors who complete a desired action on your website, such as filling out a contact form or requesting a quote. This metric is important because it measures how effective your website is at converting visitors into leads or customers.
According to a study by HubSpot, the average website conversion rate for the construction industry is only 2.6%. In other words, out of 100 people who visit your roofing website, only about 2 or 3 of them will become leads. This means that the majority of visitors who land on your website will leave without taking any action or providing their contact information.
Having a low website conversion rate can be detrimental to your business, as it means that you are missing out on potential leads and revenue. By implementing the strategies we will discuss in this article, you can increase your website conversion rate and generate more leads for your roofing business.
1. Reward People for Providing their Contact Details
One of the most effective ways to improve your roofing website’s conversion rate is by offering a reward to those who fill out a contact form. People love freebies, and if you can offer them something of value in exchange for their contact details, they are more likely to provide them.
Some examples of rewards you can offer include a discount code for your services or a free guide related to roofing. For instance, you can create a PDF guide on “10 Tips for Maintaining Your Roof,” which can be useful for homeowners. This reward will not only encourage them to provide their contact information, but it can also position you as an authority in your industry.
To ensure that you get the most out of this strategy, it’s important to place the offer in a highly visible place on your website. You can create a pop-up form that appears when someone enters your site, or place the offer on your homepage or contact page. Make sure that the offer is clear, compelling, and easy to understand. You want to make it as easy as possible for visitors to claim their reward.
Lastly, it’s essential to deliver on your promise. If you promise a discount code or a free guide, make sure that you provide it on time. Not delivering on your promise can negatively affect your brand reputation and trustworthiness.
2. Use Call-to-Actions Effectively
Another effective way to increase your website’s conversion rate is improving is by adding clear and compelling call-to-actions (CTAs) throughout your website. CTAs are buttons or links that encourage visitors to take a specific action, such as filling out a form, requesting a quote, or calling your business.
The key to effective CTAs is to make them visible, concise, and action-oriented. Here are a few tips to help you create compelling CTAs:
- Include call-to-actions (CTAs) throughout every page and blog post: This will help ensure that visitors have multiple opportunities to engage with your website and take the next step.
- Use action-oriented language: Use language that is action-oriented and makes it clear what the button does and what the user can expect after clicking it. For example, “Get Your Free Quote” is more compelling than “Free Quote.”
- Use contrasting colors: Make sure your CTAs stand out from the rest of your website by using bold and contrasting colors that grab the user’s attention.
By adding CTAs across all your website’s pages, you can significantly increase the chances of visitors converting into leads. So, take the time to create clear and compelling CTAs, and make sure they’re prominently displayed throughout your website.
3. Make the Website Fast and Mobile-Friendly
Did you know that the longer your website takes to load, the higher the chances are that visitors will leave without taking any action? In fact, the website conversion rate drops by an average of 4.42% with each additional second of load time.
In addition, with the rise of mobile devices, it’s crucial to ensure that your website is mobile-friendly. More and more people are browsing the web on their smartphones and tablets, and if your website is not optimized for mobile, you risk losing a significant number of potential leads.
To make your website fast and mobile-friendly, here are some actionable things you can do:
- Use a Content Delivery Network (CDN) to serve files from a location that is closer to your visitors. This will make your website load faster, especially for users who are geographically far from your server.
- Use WebP and SVG images instead of JPG and PNG. WebP and SVG are newer image formats that are more efficient and can help reduce the size of your images.
- Use a caching plugin. Caching plugins can help reduce the load on your server and speed up your website for returning visitors.
- Use a tool such as Google’s PageSpeed Insights or GTmetrix to identify specific areas of improvement and track progress. These tools can help you identify issues that are slowing down your website and provide suggestions for improvement.
- Consider using a dedicated hosting service. Shared hosting can be slower and less reliable than dedicated hosting, which can negatively affect your website’s speed and performance.
- Avoid using too many heavy libraries or scripts. These can slow down your website and make it less responsive.
- Reduce the Number of Plugins. Plugins can add extra functionality to your website, but they can also slow it down. Be sure to only use the plugins that are necessary for your website.
- Use larger font sizes and buttons. This will make it easier for people to read and interact with your website on a small screen. We recommend using at least a 16px font size.
- Make sure your website is responsive and adapts to different screen sizes. This will ensure that your website looks good and is easy to use on any device.
- Optimize images and videos for mobile devices. This will ensure that they load quickly and don’t take up too much data.
- Minimize the use of pop-ups and alerts. This will ensure that your website is not too disruptive and easy to use.
By making your website fast and mobile-friendly, you can provide a better user experience for your visitors, and increase the chances that they will convert into leads.
4. Display Social Proof
Another effective way to convince potential customers to choose your roofing company is to show them social proof. Social proof is when people are more likely to do something if they see others doing it, especially if they’re unsure about what to do.
One way to show social proof on your website is to feature customer testimonials or reviews. Testimonials give potential customers an idea of what to expect when they work with you. They show how others have experienced your roofing services and can help build trust in your business.
When displaying testimonials on your website, be sure to include the customer’s name and photo (if possible) for added credibility. You can also consider using a third-party review site, such as Yelp or Google Reviews, to display reviews and ratings.
5. Offer 24/7 Instant Quotes
Imagine the convenience and satisfaction your potential customers would experience if they could visit your website at any time, day or night, and receive a free quote for their roofing needs within just two minutes.
This 24/7 free quote option serves as a win-win situation for both your customers and your roofing business. On the customer side, they benefit from the ability to obtain a free price estimate at their convenience, without any pressure or obligations. They no longer have to wait for business hours or spend time reaching out to different roofing companies individually. This accessibility and instant gratification build trust and make your business stand out from competitors, enhancing the overall customer experience.
For your roofing business, offering a 24/7 free quote option translates into more leads and appointments that eventually turn into more revenue for your roofing business. By simplifying the process and eliminating barriers to entry, you encourage a higher volume of potential customers to engage with your services.
In conclusion, getting more leads from your roofing website is essential for growing your business and increasing your revenue. By following the five strategies outlined in this article, you can improve your website’s conversion rate and attract more qualified leads to your business.